

Anyone who has been around Violet knows how beloved her binky is. She would take it everywhere she goes and sometimes one wasn't enough, she would be carrying around three. Violet wasn't attach to any certain kind(which was nice) she would take any that were offered. She didn't even care the position it was in her mouth, upside down worked just fine too. So one day I could not find a binky anywhere, I looked in the usual spots (under her bed, in the drawer, cars, ect) still no binky. So that night in bed when she asked for her bink I said it was lost, and she understood. After another day of being lost she seemed pretty fine without it, so I decided binky would stay lost forever-and it has. Violet did rather well actually and sometimes will ask for it, but I will reassure her that she is a big girl now and she doesn't need it anymore. Jordan made the comment the other day and said, "I kinda miss Vivi's binky" As I thought about it I did too. It is one step closer to being a big girl and it was sure nice keeping her our baby.






6 comments:
Hooray for ViVi! No more bink. Caleb was lucky in that aspect. He got rid of his at about 3 months old and just started the thumb thing. Oh well, hope all goes well with the transition.
I am surprised that she did so well giving it up. I think binky's are so cute! I always wanted my boys to be binky babies, but they didn't care for them. I guess since Violet is a big girl now that means you guys can start working on Doty #4!! ; ) Kidding!
I'm sure your remember Maya being the same with her binky. We actually kept them hid away because BRANDON couldn't stand to throw them away. Now the kids have found them and Lex thinks it's funny to play baby and suck on them sometimes. If you find them, don't throw them away...it's a precious memory.
TAG your it! check out my blog for details.
They sure grow up fast! I remember when Jaidyn had her binky, it really doesn't seem that long ago. I agree, if I could keep her a baby a little while longer I'd do it in a minute.
Seems like a long time since we have seen you guys. Seeing the pictures of the kids makes it even seem more that way. They are getting so big how does macy like school? (How does mom) bet you miss her. Hope to see you guys soon luv ya
Post a Comment