Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fishing With Grandpa and Grandma Doty




Guy and Julie were able to spend a couple nights at our house after Jordan's graduation and we had a good time. We all went fishing out at the Palisades but had no luck. Somehow I even managed to cast on a power poll that was right above the river, quite hilarious. We were hoping Maicey and Gage would be able to help reel a fish in because we had gone fishing a few times this summer and haven't had any luck so they were very anxious. So we decided to give it another shot at a pond that flows into the snake river. Jordan had some luck here in the past so we waited. We waited and waited (fishing takes patience, right?) Finally the timing was right and Jordan got a fish on his pole. Maicey hurried over and helped dad reel in the fish, the kids were so excited and wanted to touch and examine the fish. Maicey named her fish fernail as dad tied it to a rope and in the water. Soon after Gage was able to reel in another 16 incher and "fighter" joined fernail on the rope. When we got home dad cooked up fighter and fernail and Maicey grubbed (she loves fish!) Gage had fallen asleep and the next morning when he woke up he came downstairs wanting to eat fighter. He was told the fish were all gone so he came over to me and said with tears in his eyes, "But mom, I feel like eating fighter for breakfast." Next time I will be sure to save him a bite.

1 comment:

Doty6strong said...

Looks like you guys had fun with gma & gpa. We miss you guys. Jord looks nice in his uniform! I totally spaced Vi's bday. I'll be sending stuff for all three bdays next week--sorry I'm such a slacker. When does Maicey start school? M & E go on Monday...all day-yippee!