Monday, August 25, 2008

Talking Goose!




One of the kids favorite things to do is feed the duck down by the snake river. So today I decided to get rid of my stash I have been saving of crusty bread. We found a large group of duck and geese and even Violet had to get into the action (with every thrust of her arm I had to hold her back so she wouldn't fall in, It was so cute!) Gage wasn't so sure about feeding the geese, but eventually he conquered his fear and took over the bread bag. Last winter the kids and I went to the same river area and the duck and geese must have been very hungery. The minute the geese saw we had bread they were trying to peck it out of our hands, it was very interesting and quite entertaining. That is Gagers good reason of keeping his distance from the geese.
Gage eventually warmed up to a particular goose and If I could of understood it I would had believed it was actually talking to Gage. It perched itself right in front of Gage only two feet away and started quitely honking, I told Gage it was talking to him so he honked back at it.


When we were walking back to the car I asked Gage, "What do you think the goose was saying to you?" Gage replied, " It said want to play in the water." Not knowing Violet was listening (or understanding) our conversation she replied, "Hello to me, Hello to me" I asked her, "Did the goose say hello to you?" She replied, "yes."


I love spending time with my kids and watching them learn and experience things this world has to offer, especially the outdoors, being with them and the outdoors soaking it all in is trully the best.

5 comments:

Tami said...

that is too funny, Dillon says he wants to go feed the ducks when we come down and maybe one will talk to him!! So far so good with the whole school thing! I think the extra year really helped them out, made em a little more excited about school!! Love & Miss you guys.

Annette Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette Jones said...

I remember those geese up there they can be quite scarey right Gage

Torrey said...

I love Maicey's cheesy smile! Violet has become quite the little talker. Good girl Vi Vi! Gage you are my cute little man as always! love you guys!

Kelli said...

That is too cute! Little kids imaginations amaze me. . . I wish that I could talk to geese.