Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Already.... You Better Watch Out....

Well I decided to have the kids write their letters to Santa early since they seem to constantly change their minds as xmas gets closer. Maicey asked for a barbie computer and a baby that goes pee in her potty. Gage asked for a game system, sword, gun, transformers, and a baby boy doll (Violet and Maicey always has theirs and he gets the last of the pick)
Gage was so cute he actually said he wanted a baby boy doll and a real baby boy. He has been asking for a baby brother so he can share his room with him. He thinks he is cheated because Maicey and Violet share a room and he is all by himself. I had to explain to him that Santa doesn't bring baby's and mommy isn't ready for a baby yet. My cute boy! When I asked Violet what she wanted Santa to bring her the answer was, "I want candy." I asked her if she wanted anything else and her reply was, "Only candy, santa gimme candy."


After the kids wrote their letters we were talking about Christmas and we sang, "Santa Claus is coming to town." After the song and talking about being on Santa's list and being good the kids were on naughty watch. It is so funny what impact Santa has on kids, they were very quick to say sorry and try to do good.


Gage kept teasing Maicey and Gage as usual and Maicey said, "Gage Santa is not gonna visit you." Gage was all worried and asked me about it. I told Gage that Santa knows he is not perfect but when he makes mistakes he need to say sorry and try not to do it anymore. Later on that day Gage was so cute he came to me and asked,"Mom does Santa only give you two chances because Maicey told me not to go in her fort and I went in two times."

I love Christmas Time and the feeling in the air when there are lights and trees. It may be a little early to get ready for Christmas but why not, it will be here and gone before we know it.

3 comments:

Annette Jones said...

I love the kids response they are so cute i love christmas time too. i am getting excited to start decorating too we love you and hope to see you next month

Bank On It said...

Your kids are funny. I saw at Hallmark an elf that you put out and reports the kids' good or bad behavior. It made me laugh because my sisters were convinced an elf lived in our laundry room and they would tattle on each other to the elf when they were little.

Doty6strong said...

Not only do Vi and Lex look alike but they act alike....candy give me candy! I love that response probably because Lexie would say the same.